Morzine– and other great adventures!
If you haven’t visited the Alps during the summer then you have been missing out! After the winter season when the snow melts, the white peaks disappear to reveal lush green mountains as far as the eye can see. The best thing about Morzine in the summer is that there is something for everyone; the best mountain biking trails in Europe, lazy days by the pool and walks that take you through meadows of alpine flowers.
In the summer there are 25 chair-lifts open in the Portes du Soleil, to take you straight up to the breathtaking views on top of the mountain. There are two lifts in the centre of Morzine; the Pleney lift takes you up to the Morzine and Les Gets area where there are several good walking footpaths, and the Super Morzine gondola which is on the opposite side of the town centre, takes you up the other side to Avoriaz. Hikes from this lift take you all the way to the Abondance Valley or onto the Swiss side of the Portes du Soleil.
Jack… took some great shots of Mont Blanc.
Great day trips from Morzine
From Morzine there are so many great places you can visit,
from cities to spas, here are our top three day trips…
Annecy – 1hr
- A crystal clear lake set in front of Alpine peaks.
- Medieval cobbled streets, stone archways and flower covered canals.
- Relaxing parks on the waterside.
Mont Blanc – 1hr
- At over 4,800m, it is the highest peak in Western Europe.
- From the Aiguille du Midi you can see the opposing mountain ranges of France, Switzerland and Italy.
- Explore the town of Chamonix for shopping and souvenirs.
Lavey-Les-Bains – 1hr 20mins
- Switzerland’s warmest thermal baths.
- Baths maintain a temperature of 32°C to 36°C.
- The pools have underwater massage loungers, whirlpools, mushroom showers and pressure jets… which makes it our ultimate day trip to relax and unwind!